As the British summer begins to draw to a close and thoughts turn slowly and unwillingly (or gratefully, if a parent!) towards the first day of school, we thought we’d share a few helpful tips with you on making sure your children are ready to go back to class.
Top tips from a primary school teacher – preparing for the next term during summer holidays.
1. Keep reading over the holidays! Visit libraries – share stories.
2. Keep a diary or log book of all the adventures you’ve had over the summer – collect tickets of places you’ve visited.
3. Make a collection of basic stationary you’ll need to use once back at school.
4. Check you have all the necessary uniform and PE kit; book bag, school diary, etc.
5. Get plenty of rest and recuperation to be ready to start back bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in September!